Levex'edar the Beautiful Earth
The Khazak are most often referred to as dwarves or mountain-folk by the other races, because they are short, stout and live in the mountain range of The Crown. Mysteriously sent here from their home world by some form of magic, the several hundred people have since dug into the mountain and made themselves a thriving fortress city. Khazak stand roughly five feet tall, are wide-set but athletically built. Both male and females have white, pupil-less eyes and are capable of growing facial hair. Males typically shave their heads and grow beards, while females shave their beards and grow hair on their heads. Naturally gifted with affinity for stone shaping, wood working, smiting and farming, the “Dwarves” are a very versatile and enduring race.
Khazak count as dwarves for determining racial feats and prerequisites.
- Khazak gain +2 Con and Wis, but loose -2 Cha. Khazak are built tough and wise, but are rough around the edges.
- Khazak are Medium Sized
- Base Speed of 20 feet, but speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Khazak begin play speaking Khazak(Dwarven)
- Stability: Khazak gain a +4 Racial Bonus to their CMD against the effects of Bull Rushing or Trips while standing on the ground.
- Darkvision: Can see in darkness perfectly up to 60 feet.
- Lorekeeper: Khazak keep extensive records about their history and the world around them. Khazak with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (history) checks that pertain to dwarves or their enemies. They can make such skill checks untrained.
- Earthborn: Once a day a Khazak can choose to give themselves a natural damage reduction equal to their Con Mod for a number of rounds equal to their Hit Dice, or gain Regeneration equal to their Wis Mod for a number of rounds equal to their Hit Dice.
In addition to these traits a Khazak may take any one of the following racial traits.
- Craftsmen: Known for their superior craftsmanship when it comes to metallurgy and stonework. Khazak with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks related to metal or stone.
- Deep Warrior: Khazak with this racial trait grew up facing the abominations that live deep beneath the surface. They receive a +2 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the aberration type and a +2 racial bonus on combat maneuver checks made to grapple such creatures (or to continue a grapple).
- Minesight: Khazak with this racial trait increase the range of their darkvision to 90 feet; however, they are automatically dazzled in bright light and take a –2 penalty on saving throws against effects with the light descriptor. This racial trait replaces darkvision.
- Mountaineer: Mountain Khazak are skilled at climbing and navigating narrow ledges. Khazak with this racial trait are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.
- Avalanche: Khazak are skilled at pushing their way through a battlefield, tossing aside lesser foes with ease. Khazak with this racial trait receive a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun an opponent. This bonus only applies while both the dwarf and his opponent are standing on the ground.
- Earth Stepper: Khazak with this racial trait can skillfully negotiate rocky or overgrown terrain. They can ignore difficult terrain created by rubble, broken ground, steep stairs, and overgrowth when they take a 5-foot step.
- Stonesinger: Some Khazak’s affinity for the earth grants them greater powers. Khazak with this racial trait are treated as one level higher when casting spells with the earth or plant descriptor or using granted powers of the Earth or Plant domain, and revelations of the oracle’s stone or plant mystery. This ability does not give them early access to level-based powers; it only affects the powers they could use without this ability.
- Stubborn: Khazak are renowned for their stubbornness. Khazak with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Will saves to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) enchantment (compulsion) and illusion (glamer) schools and an additional +2 against gossamer effects. In addition, if they fail such a save, they receive another save 1 round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming it has a duration greater than 1 round). This second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the khazak has a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue’s slippery mind), he can only use one of these abilities per round, but he can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails.
- Masterwork: Some Khazak were made of such fine material and craftmanship that it is hard to find them gruff or unpleasent even if they are. These khazak remove the -2 Charisma their race receives.
- Earthbound: Though all khazak are tied to the land in a physical and spiritual way, none are quite as blessed as khazak with this trait, allowing these khazak to use their Earthborn ability two extra times per day.
- Mailable: Khazak with this trait are sometimes seen as somewhat unfinished or poorly crafted offspring by some, others see them as powerfully inttune with their surroundings or self. Whatever the reason these Khazak are capable of growing or shaping simple objects made of wood or stone from their body. As a move action the Khazak may create a simple item (one without moving parts) This may be as simple as a cup, sword, shield or even rope. The item acts as a normal item of its type. The Khazak may do this a number of times per day equal to their CON MOD
- Fighter: Almost every khazak is trained how to fight, but khazaks warriors are amung the sturdiest. A line of khazak fighters is just as effective as a ten foot barricade, and ten times as lethal. Add +1 to the Fighter’s CMD when resisting a bull rush, disarm, grapple or trip.
- Druid: Natural affinity to the land makes the khazak perfect druids capable of communing with the land they worship and protect. Khazak druids are often well respected even outside of their mountain home. Select one domain power granted at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the druid’s Wisdom modifier. The druid adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that domain power.
- Wizard: None have the patience and life-span to study and perfect the arcane arts like the khazak. Often these mages perfect runecrafting enchantments and use their magic to strengthen or perfect masterwork arms and armor. Select one item creation feat known by the wizard. Whenever he crafts an item using that feat, the amount of progress he makes in an 8-hour period increases by 200 gp (50 gp if crafting while adventuring). This does not reduce the cost of the item; it just increases the rate at which the item is crafted.